funsec mailing list archives

Re: T33n pr0n ch!ldren

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:04:55 -0400 (EDT)

Second, this practice is now commonplace behavior among teenagers.
(I'm not saying I approve or disapprove; I'm just pointing out that
it's hardly exceptional.)  It happens via cell phones and portable
audio/video players and web sites and instant messaging and every
thing else.  Shall we then destroy the lives of several million of
them by prosecuting and convicting them all and entering their names
on the sex offender list?

Aside from the emotional bias of "destroy the lives", yes, I think
that's very close to the ideal result: a million or so offenders
publicly claiming their offense and demanding to be prosecuted.

It's one of the very few things I think might actually get these
idiotic laws fixed (and yes, I think any law that criminalizes the
behaviours in question is idiotic).

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org