funsec mailing list archives

Re: FTC files complaint against "Bogus Computer Scan Software" makers

From: Greg Slade <antimal () rogers com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:55:45 -0800

"At the request of the Federal Trade Commission, a U.S. district
court has issued a temporary halt to a massive "scareware" scheme

Sorry.  But I am really getting sick of the media making up
unnecessary new malware terms ...

Come on, Rob, try and keep up with the group. People have been using the
word "scareware" for years now.

--
Greg Slade
"Mac users have all alike refused to bow the knee to Baal (er, I mean,