funsec mailing list archives

McCain campaign sells info-loaded Blackberry to FOX 5 reporter

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:31:06 +0200 (EET)

"Private information at bargain prices.  It was a high-tech flub at the McCain-Palin campaign headquarters in Arlington
when Fox 5’s Investigative Reporter Tisha Thompson bought a Blackberry device containing confidential campaign
information.

It started with a snippet we read on page A23 in Thursday’s Washington Post.
The McCain-Palin campaign was going to sell its used office inventory at low prices."
--clip--

And

"When we charged them up in the newsroom, we found one of the $20 Blackberry phones contained more than 50 phone
numbers for people connected with the McCain-Palin campaign,
as well as hundreds of emails from early September until a few days after election night."

More at
http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8055902&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Juha-Matti