funsec mailing list archives

Re: Dataloss database

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 03:06:31 +0000 (UTC)

disclaimer: I am involved with the project.

: 2008/12/17 Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>:
:
: > http://datalossdb.org/
:
: Been in my RSS feeds for a while. :-)

Not only has Ferg been reading, some of his posts to Funsec were about
related incidents that were passed on to the Dataloss mail list and added
to the database.

Since it was moved off attrition and given a slick interface, the project
has involved considerably. The site/database is designed so anyone can
contribute in a number of ways. If you have a few spare cycles, check out
the 'Primary Sources' link for example and help us translate FOIA obtained
PDF documents into information we can parse. Just doing one a day will
knock the backlog out in a matter of weeks.