funsec mailing list archives

Re: Phone fraud

From: "Paul M. Moriarty" <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:01:46 -0800

Unless this is a very old phone system, the feature that allows an
outside caller to dial into your system and then  dial back out almost
always has to be specifically enabled for this  very reason.

This type of fraud was very popular in the 80's & early 90's.  In fact
60 Minutes ran a piece on it during that time, IIRC.

- Paul -

On Dec 18, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &