funsec mailing list archives

Re: Windows 7 Beta review link

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:57:33 -0500

Just Vista SP2, really...

Lots of truth in this. Most of the praise for Win7 seems to me less
about Win7 itself than as a swipe at Vista. In fact little that people
criticize in Vista will change in Win7, it's just that Vista "took one
for the team" by forcing driver developers to catch up, for app
developers to rearchitect so their users wouldn't have to deal with UAC,
and for going through an era relatively slow-moving hardware performance
improvement. These situations will all have improved by the time Win7
comes out, making it seem more architected to the times than Vista was.

Why am I writing this here? I could blog this and get paid for it.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com