funsec mailing list archives

idea

From: RandallM <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:58:57 -0600

ok, I am drinking, after all it is the NYE celebration. But, I had this idea
pop in. Remember, it is a "first thought idea". That means I am in need of
input to brainstorm with me on it. Here is the initial thought:

When fixing infected computers I find that:
1. most people don't have programs installed for preventive much less
combative
2. depending on the infection one cannot download programs or go to
"helpful" sites to use.

malware sites often rotate IP or DNS in order to "hide".

Thought:
Why can't we using the same type of process provide access to programs and
or sites in the same manor so that the malware infections cannot "block"
because the sites are not permanant?

Symantec is and always will be "www.symantec.com", as with other sites. they
are blocked by malware infections (in various ways that I would love to
understand more). If there were "server" around the globe open with online
scanners and tools that rotated with DNS and or IP addressing the malware
could not block it.

Can this be done with a revolving network of servers from volunteers?

Make sense or have I already drank too much?

--
been great, thanks
Big R