funsec mailing list archives

Re: Death by code release

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:32:38 -0800

I can't believe that there are really that many people that are
interested in Windoze 7, after Vista sucked as badly as it did.

People just do not learn, do they???

This is coming from a reformed Windoze (l)user.

Rob.

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
I loved the BBC "cutline" on this story:

 * Windows 7 now 'available to all' *
Microsoft has announced the latest Windows release will not be limited, after
the initial launch crashed the whole of the Microsoft site.

So, Microsoft has decided to release, to the whole world, a product that crashed
their systems?

Well, not quite:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/2/hi/technology/7825111.stm

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Looked up the Biblical description of the Beast, who wears [666]
...says he has two horns, like a sheep, can call down fire from
out of the sky, and that people would worship him because of this
ability ... I *knew* there was something creepy about Pikachu...
                                             - R. H. Draney on a.f.u
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/