funsec mailing list archives

Re: NSA approves devices for Obama's use including the General Dynamics' Sectera Edge

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:56:42 -0800

Given that US Generals are allowed to use Blackberries, and it is even
mandated that they shall have CAC sleds provided for them, I'm stunned
that this is even an issue.

http://www.tradoc.army.mil/tpubs/misc/cacpki/cappsmemo.pdf

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/ataglance/security/certifications.jsp

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.0.2api/net/rim/device/api/cr