funsec mailing list archives

Re: Geeze, you would think THEY would know better!!!

From: "Hubbard, Dan" <dhubbard () websense com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:23:33 -0800

"Insecurity by acquisition"

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of Nick FitzGerald
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:51 AM
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Geeze, you would think THEY would know better!!!

Jon Kibler wrote:

Okay, I admit that I am lazy. Rather than try to remember (or find in my
ton of bookmarks) the home page with HP for the App Sec group that was
used to be SpiDynamics, I still use the URL: http://www.spidynamics.com/

Well, that now gives the following error dump! I would think that if ANY
group knew better than to expose the guts of their system when an error
occurred, it would be HP's App Sec group!!

You're joking, right?

These are the same folk who wrote a blog item (very good in what it
covered) that included (desevered) comments about open redirectors as a
tool the scammers were increasingly using.  The post was by a self-
described "Security Evangelist" and "expert in web application security".
Sadly, the blog-ware they used had its own, trivially obvious to the most
cursory of glances, open redirector to provide its "link to the poster's
homepage" functionality.

Some "web application security expert"...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

 Protected by Websense Hosted Email Security -- www.websense.com