funsec mailing list archives

Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer buncha guys ...

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:35:11 -0000

Ouch!

--
David Harley BA CISSP FBCS CITP
Director of Malware Intelligence
ESET

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org
[mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of security curmudgeon
Sent: 06 March 2009 03:56
To: Drsolly
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Couldn't happen to a nicer buncha guys ...

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Drsolly wrote:

: On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Robert Slade wrote:
:
: > An independent security consultant describes how
: > vulnerabilities in unpatched releases of the Zeus crimeware kit
: > are being exploited by hackers in order to steal resources from
: > their fellow criminals. The security researcher has come across
: > an interesting posting made by a botnet runner, who asks for
: > help to secure his infrastructure after being compromised
: > several times by other hackers.
:
: What he needs is a security expert. Maybe he could hire a convicted
: hacker, I've heard that many such claim to be security experts.

Or he could a hire a CISSP. I hear they claim to be security
experts more often.