funsec mailing list archives

Re: German intelligence tapped foreign desktops

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:26:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Larry Seltzer wrote:
I'm impressed they got compromised to the press badly: activity,
technology, operations, targets

I would assume this level of compromise is inevitable. It's one of the
reasons it's a bad idea, at least when used on a large scale.

Things becoming public "happens" by several different routes, but while
stupidity has been known to happen, such insecurity at an intelligence
organization iin charge to defend a country iss unbelievable.

Smells like politics.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com