funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:20:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:20:28 CDT, Gadi Evron said:

What it was however, was whatever I made of it.

1. People who updated whenever they were off to the bathroom, or eating,
we boring. I didn't follow them. If a person twitted too much, she was
out of my stream.

2. People who spoke with each other were fun. They'd make quick
informative statements, or jokes. And their friends, and their friends,
would respond. Email-like, if you like. Only readable like a web forum
more than like a mailing list.

In other words, It's easy to fit a throw-away comment like "your loss" into
140 characters, but to actually *say* anything takes considerably more.

The only way they could have made it *more* of a pain in the ass to actually
*say* anything (as opposed to mindless babble) would be if they required haiku..

And yet, if the crowds were wiling to speak in Haiku, what would be the
harm to you?

The crowd HERE assumes that just because a message is short, means:

        1. That it is illiterate.

        2. That the people who make it are lazy.

        3. That there are no follow-up messages.

You assumptions are wrong, as I have clearly demonstrated in my previous
exhaustive email. I haven't seen anyone but you responding to my arguments
except repeating your slogans yet again ad nauseam.

Where you are right is that indeed, some people find it a better way of
SHARING. Sharing can be links and quick thoughts, and while blogs exist
for other types of communication, this type of sharing is pretty useful as
well.

Your argument, while can be true to some, is equivalen to saying "if they
don't take the time and effort to buy a book and hold it in thier hands,
they obviously are not reading it. On the computer they'd always revert to
do other things." Ridiculous.