funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Donal <irldexter () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:25:57 +1100

I think everyone is forgetting that you are repsonsible in Twitter for
the signal to noise ratio.

IRC was focussed on channels and topics.
Twitter is focussed around people and social groups.

Think of many hubs of concentric circles whereupon 'connectors' have
access to 'mavens' a la Malcolm Gladwell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_Point

One must just seek out the connectors and/or mavens to travel in
different circles. I think the naysayers have every right to sit in
the wings, but are missing the point.

It's not the engine. It's the use thereof. It's human. It's the
ultimate neural net. Ripples spread extremely fast.

The hashtags #fisting and #microbats experiments come to mind.

Twitter took me a year to get it. It sure as hell's not facebook or
anything like it. It's the most interesting social overlay on the net
I've seen yet.

And isn't it wonderful that information pollution is provoking the
powers of critical thought once again.

Disclaimer: I am sorry if this email is over 140 characters. I have
claimed @funsec and will turn it over to anyone who wants to
write/borrow/steal a bot that retweets 'funsec' or #funsec
http://twitter.com/funsec

Donal