funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Jason Ross <algorythm () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:38:13 -0400

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 13:26, Gary Warner <gar () askgar com> wrote:

On one of the Black SEO websites there is a thread about how you can use
Twitter to drive traffic to your ads on websites.  The fact that
everyone uses "tinyurl" or equivalent means people are accustomed to
going to any crap you send them, and the fact that its considered "rude"
by some people not to "follow back", means that the SEO crowd makes
money by having large followings.

see also: tweepme.com (which recently [read: since last night] upped the
number of 'free' accounts from 1K to 5K).

My general rule of thumb with "follows" is to visit their page - see if
they post things I'm interested in, or just recite their lunch menu and
plane schedule - and then whether they are following dozens or
thousands.

That's been how I've been processing them also, it seemed to make
the most sense.

--
jason