funsec mailing list archives

Re: Suggesting a new defcon event: Hackers Parliamentary Debate or HPD

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:08:11 -0000

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:34:50 -0000, Jon Kibler <Jon.Kibler () aset com> wrote:
Rules:
1. Be professional.
2. Follow parliamentary procedure.
3. No swearing.
4. Have fun!
5. [Optional] Defcon rule addition: drink alcohol.
(judging team my enforce drinking when buzzwords, empty slogans and
logical fallacies are used)
However, one question:
      Gadi, how can you participate and still have rule #3? I didn't think
you could convey any thought without F* something.  :)

Have you ever seen the debates in the UK parliment, especially during the
golden age of insulting (around the early 1990's) 1, 2 and 3 definately
aren't obeyed :-)

Have a quick search on Hansard
(http://www.publications.parliament.uk/cgi-bin/semaphoreserver?DB=semukparl&FILE=search)
if you're curious...