funsec mailing list archives

Re: Prison officer sacked after befriending criminals on Facebook

From: David M Chess <chess () us ibm com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:35:22 -0400

What he was thinking??

Well, he claims to have been thinking:

"God, more Facebook friend requests: accept accept accept who the hell is
this? oh well, accept accept accept accept..."

The stupidest possibility is:

"I'm gonna add all my great friends down at the prison to my Facebook!"

The article hints that it might actually have been:

"This'll make it easier for me to communicate with my customers in the
prison black market."

No one has suggested:

"To show my solidarity with my oppressed brothers behind bars, I shall
befriend them on Facebook, even if it costs me my job."

which might at least have made a more interesting story.  :)

I'm wondering how all those prisoners were able to send him friend
requests from the slammer anyway.

"Welcome to HMP Leicester, here's your number, and your uniform, and your
Facebook password and URL."

DC