funsec mailing list archives

Re: conficker "chatter" on twitter is heating up

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:32:56 +0300

Jon O. wrote:
On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 04:37:51AM +0300, Gadi Evron wrote:
Gadi Evron wrote:

Better search string:
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=conficker+OR+%23conficker

Uh, so I'm not so worried about conficker -- I'm a bit more worried
about the security experts (yes, you on this list) looking at twitter
to find out the latest info ;). Do you really think that's a useful
source?

General user: "Yo, security person, what's up with conficker is it going
to kick some ass or what?"

Security person: Uh, hold on, I need to refresh my twitter and I'll get
back to you...

Granted, I don't have an infected bot sitting in a honeynet waiting to get
a payload, but I'm damn sure someone who does will come out blazing with
info on all channels when they see something interesting.

We don't get out latest tech data on twitter, dude.