funsec mailing list archives

Re: how to verb twitter

From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 06:49:33 +1000

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM, David M Chess <chess () us ibm com> wrote:

Rob:

So, my company has started up Ditter.  Basically, you sign up for an
account.
Then, any time at all, it's just a single click, or the shortest of SMS
messsages, or email, or anything else, and you post "What he said."  That
says
it all, right?  It's appropriate for pretty much any occasion or situation.
It's short.  And it doesn't require a lot of thought.

I probably shouldn't say this, but that could actually be very useful.  :)
 A service that made it possible to easily vote up (or down?) any given
thing, and ideally be able to see the votes of various subsets of people
(one's friends / followees / contacts / oh wait I know, one's "dittos";
people who have voted up lots of things that you have also voted up; dittos
of one's dittos; etc; etc), and see, like, the top-voted whatevers in the
last six hours, and get the corresponding RSS/ATOM feeds, and other obvious
features, really could be the Next Hot Thing.

You're talking about reddit.

I'm really glad I didn't think of this, 'cause if I had I would have been
tempted to file a patent application.  :)

*wonders why patents would come up, then happens to note your email
domain ... ohhh.. *

I'm sure there have been
vaguely-similar things done, but they probably weren't sufficiently Web 3.0
/ cute /  misspelled to go viral.

--
noon silky
http://www.boxofgoodfeelings.com/