funsec mailing list archives

Re: Swine flu: Twitter's power to misinform

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 07:26:36 +0300

Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:
Am I the only one who remembers the days when twitting meant putting
someone in your killfile? (Yes, I know the twits at Twitter like to call
it tweeting.)

We're seeing first hand, in many venues, why pure democracy and populism
don't work; and why only a Republic can long last without degenerating
into chaos, and then dictatorship.

Twitter is not a democracy any more than facebook is.
You have complete control over YOUR HOUSE as long as it doesn't abuse
your neighbors or the country. Or someone in power dislikes you.

        Gadi.