funsec mailing list archives

Leading IT security experts talking about Australian Censorship; Kaminsky, Lindstrom and Ranum

From: Donal <irldexter () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:34:17 +1000

"Watch  [ http://nodecity.com/empower ] Dan Kaminsky, Pete Lindstrom,
and Marcus Ranum — three of the worlds leading IT security experts,
talking about MANDATORY national internet filtering/censorship in
Australia. This is the first test run of nationwide mandatory
censorship in a western democracy. It cannot be allowed to succeed or
to infect other countries. There is a war being waged once more
against the open nature and collaborative power of the internet. The
internet is a giant mirror held up to humankind. We should fix the
root causes of our issues, rather than sweep the bits under the carpet
and cripple the medium."

--
Donal ( http://bsdosx.blogspot.com/ )

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein