funsec mailing list archives

Re: This sounds like a security disaster just waiting to happen...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:49:56 -0400

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:49:44 EDT, Larry Seltzer said:
So, Microsoft has implemented a squid like server as part of their
gateway
solution for office connections to the net. If done correctly, sould be
safe enough, no?

No, I think we should assume they can't possibly do it correctly
because, well, they suck.

No, I actually have fairly high expectations that the product will, when
correctly deployed by a knowlegable admin, not be a sucky security cesspit.

I however also expect that it will be incorrectly done by the 99.44% of the
McSE (ya want fries with that?) out there who really don't know/care.