funsec mailing list archives

Re: Facebook costs Swiss woman job

From: "John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP" <bambenek.infosec () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 15:40:35 -0500

I don't know if my first act after getting fired would be a press release...

On 5/1/09, Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
Time to post the first Evil Internet category funsec post in May...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUKTRE53N3YQ20090424

"A Swiss insurance worker lost her job after surfing popular social network
site Facebook while off sick,
her employer said on Friday.

The woman said she could not work in front of a computer as she needed to
lie in the dark but was then seen to be active on Facebook,
which insurer Nationale Suisse said in a statement had destroyed its trust
in the employee.

"This abuse of trust, rather than the activity on Facebook, led to the
ending of the work contract," it said.
--clip--"

Juha-Matti

--