funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Attorney's office tells employees not to log on to Drudge Report

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:53:01 -0700

Networks are big and diverse, and there's not always a unified "gateway" to
munge all web traffic through.  Obviously it shouldn't be a long term
warning, but a quick "heh everyone, stay off drudge report for a couple of
days" seems reasonable if in fact malware is being seen from whatever ad
network's on Drudge.  If it's some sort of long term ban, yeah that's not
good.