funsec mailing list archives

Re: Continued irony in the UK

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:04:14 -0700 (PDT)

From: Remo Cornali <remo.cornali () alice it>
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:43:56 PM

Alex Eckelberry ha scritto:
I just find it bizarre that they react to Street
View with
lynch-mob mentality, but not to their serious privacy issues with
CCTV's on
every corner.Remo Cornali ha scritto:

I find it almost understandable. There is a big difference:
CCTV images go to law enforcement or premise owners; Street View goes
to anybody.

Of course, cases like this make me want to go visit with a digital camera (are there still any other kinds?), snap
pictures of everything that can be seen from public spaces and post them all online.

Not that I don't understand the anxiety, but it's retrograde grasping at a sense of privacy that never existed.  It
doesn't matter if I can see the front of your house in East Gwillimbury, and your neighbor has been staring in your
windows forever.

-chris