funsec mailing list archives

Re: Capital One Says Its e-Mail 'Too Important to be Spam'

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:09:24 -0400

Because Capital One has an established business relationship with
Kevin, it has the right to contact him via e-mail under the terms of the
CAN-SPAM Act.

This is true, but I think CAN-SPAM still allows Kevin (who sounds a
little OCD to me) to opt out.

Larry Seltzer
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry_seltzer () ziffdavis com