funsec mailing list archives

Re: Finnish ISP delivered USB modems infected withConficker

From: quispiam lepidus <quispiam.lepidus () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 00:15:21 +1000

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Larry Seltzer<larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
I ran this through Google Translate and it looks to me like it's USB
sticks, not modems. Still a big mistake for an ISP.

Larry Seltzer
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry_seltzer () ziffdavis com
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/

Huawei make a lot of 3G modems, and they tend to be of the USB key
variety. They also tend to double as USB mass storage devices, as they
store the drivers & applications on them.