funsec mailing list archives

Re: I'm stranded in London! Send money!

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:17:02 +0300

Imri Goldberg wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM, der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org
<mailto:mouse () rodents-montreal org>> wrote:

    IMO the real news here is that a bot managed to pass the Turing test
    well enough that after an hour talking with it you had to resort to
    out-of-band contacts to be sure it wasn't the person it was pretending
    to be.

How do you know it was a bot?

I don't, I was assuming and I guess everyone else went along for the
ride. I moved my disclaimer from the bottom of the blog to the top to
make it less confusing.