funsec mailing list archives

Re: British Television

From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:05:11 +1000

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM, <buford () greenjeans net> wrote:

I remember Sunday nights watching the local PBS station WTTW in Chicago in the late 70's and
early 80's and seeing the three of the best shows produced in the UK:

Monty Python at 10pm
Dave Allen at 10:30pm
Dr. Who (no commercials - 1 1/2 hours long, woot!) at 11pm.

Monday mornings at school were blurry affairs...

I never see anything about Dave Allen at Large any more... it was some seriously funny stuff
sometimes.  I remember at least three stories about how he lost the top of one of his index fingers.

Local woman accidentally swallowed some razors?

--
noon silky
http://lets.coozi.com.au/