funsec mailing list archives

bionic hacking, cybernetic hacking and implant hacking

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 03:03:43 +0300

A friend sent me a paper from a guy working for McAfee a few days ago,
which discussed bionic or implant viruses.

As the guy who formalized this field and created awareness for it I
jumped from joy with YEAH!! Someone else is finally looking at this with
more than an after-thought.

And yet, here we are, and I am not sure many here ever even considered
it? Have you? What are your thoughts?

Timeline of interesting research on this in last few years:
2007: My lecture at CCC camp.
2008: Pacemaker hacking research.
2009: this.

Unrelated personal rant:
I think there are better fields for me to be known as the father of than
bionic or cybernetic hacking. Whatever happened to me and botnets?

        Gadi.

--
Gadi Evron,
ge () linuxbox org.