funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: [Dataloss] Network Solutions was PCI compliantbefore breach

From: chris () blask org
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:28:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:

Do we know if they were saying that the merchant systems were compliant,
or is it possible that they're talking (out of their ass)
about their own commerce systems?

Would an audit of Netsol necessarily extend to their hosted
merchant systems?

Good question, don't know the answer.  At a guess I would think that they would sell a merchant storefront solution
that handles the transactions - and therefore the liability - and that this would be part of their PCI infrastructure.

But I'm too lazy to investigate and find out if any of that is true.

-chris