funsec mailing list archives

Re: can't get to the hackers? sue the banks instead.

From: "G. D. Fuego" <gdfuego () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:48:39 -0400

On Aug 24, 2009, at 6:51 AM, Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 12:45:28PM -0400, The Security Community
wrote:
Didn't the press used to call it "credit card fraud" before "teh
Internets" came along?  Calling it "identity theft" seems to shift
the
focus to the victim instead of the merchants and banks, where it
belongs.

As I saw the other day (and can't re-locate at the moment, so please
forgive the lack of link and proper attribution, and the
paraphrasing):

   Customer: So, someone claimed to be me?
   Bank: Yes.
   Customer: And they successfully fooled you?
   Bank: Yes.
   Customer: And you gave them some of your money?
   Bank: Yes
   Customer: Good luck solving YOUR problem.

I think you might mean this.   It was post by Bruce Schneier on his
site a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=