funsec mailing list archives

Re: OT: CDC recommends male circumcision as very effective to fight HIV (AIDS)

From: chris () blask org
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:41:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 8/26/09, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah <rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

I have to admit, though, that my bias is to believe the reason is the same as the ritual of female genital
mutilation: to decrease sexual pleasure for the purpose of societal control.

I'm really not sure what you mean by that, but I've got the
feeling that somebody is doing it wrong.

(For various values of "it.")

The sensitivity of the glans is greatly reduced by rubbing against cloth and other things 7x24 - this is an area that
is not supposed to have any contact with anything other than the inside of the owner's (and if lucky, from time to
time, someone else's) body nor any amount of callousing.  Female circumcision is obviously a much more effective means
of reducing an individual's ability to enjoy sex.

Carrots notwithstanding.

-chris