funsec mailing list archives

Death to shoplifters!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 14:31:13 -0800

A couple of days ago I got accosted at the local Safeway store, and an employee
asked to look in my bag.  I objected, he obviously had no clue what the realities
were, so I let him, but then asked to see the manager.  The manager, far from
apologizing, said that if you bring a bag into the store you should check it at the
customer service desk.  This is despite the fact that grocery stores are now
encouraging you to bring your own bags, and that this particular store has no
provision for checking bags.  Either Safeway, or this particular manager, has not
thought this through.

In any case, I'm glad it wasn't Wal-Mart:
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/09/07/customer-beaten-death-walmart-
employees/

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is
to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies,
and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no
obvious deficiencies.                               - C. A. R. Hoare
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored