funsec mailing list archives

Re: And you think *your* government is bad ...

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:54:12 -0400

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:58:39AM -0800, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
Interesting juxtaposition in todays CBC BC news headlines.  Immediately adjacent
to each other:

Bow hunter uses arrow to battle grizzly

[snip]

Bear Aware cutbacks raise concerns

[snip]

I've long thought it would be amusing to level the playing field, so to
speak, and send hunters out naked and unarmed -- same as the animals
they pursue, except of course that hunters putatively have a massive
edge in intelligence.  Perhaps they could be issued helmet-cams and the
entire thing turned into some marvelous prime-time entertainment...

        "Well, Joe is fresh off his success with a prairie dog town last
        week, and now he's going to try his luck with rabbits.  He's
        already in the field and tracking -- and hey, looks like he's
        found something!"

        "Yes, that's right, Marty, but what Joe hasn't realized is
        that he's not standing over a rabbit warren; that's a wolverine's
        den.  This could get pretty interesting folks, so grab your
        popcorn and we'll be right back after this word from our sponsor."

---Rsk