funsec mailing list archives

TurtleTerrorists!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:17:19 -0800

Obviously, we have been paying attention to the wrong threats, again.

Dozens of turtles crawled onto a JFK airport runway July 8, delaying flights for
over an hour.  Port Authority workers rushed to the shell-covered runway about
8:30 a.m. and scooped up 78 diamondback terrapins that had left the waters of
Jamaica Bay scouting a spot to breed, said a Port Authority spokesman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/07/09/2009-07-
09_jfk_airport_runway_taken_over_by_turtles.html

Why has the TSA not prepared plans to deal with this major vulnerability in our
critical transportation infrastructure?  It's four months too late to rely on the
tortoises natural enemy (the March Hare).  Is everyone asleep to this dire
emergency?  Are they just pulling their heads in, and hoping no one notices?  If
they don't get a move on, we'll be reacting too slowly.  My gosh, you have to have
a thick hide to ignore a situation like this!

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Maybe we're all just part of God's `Sim Universe' video game.
Let's just hope that He's not playing on a Windows machine, or
we're all screwed.                                    - Jeff Ehrhart
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/