funsec mailing list archives

Re: Presidential Internet Kill Switch

From: chris () blask org
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 9/23/09, Adriel T. Desautels <ad_lists () netragard com> wrote:

glad someone got my point. :)

Right there with you.  It was my immediate response to the first Concerned Inquiry I got from a friend: [sic]"Me, I'd
just attack the switch, so you can rest assured that it isn't ever going to happen."

I really am glad we all have these broad public discussions of important issues.  There is no way for me to overstate
my support for the process of everyone freely speaking thoughts and concerns before taking big leaps in society.  But
so often I have to nearly strangle myself to keep from completely losing it a la:

"I see how you might be concerned about that.  That would most certainly be a less than optimal outcome.  But SINCE IT
ISN'T *EVER* GOING TO HAPPEN, HOW ABOUT YOU CLIMB DOWN OFF MY KITCHEN TABLE AND STFU FOR A LITTLE WHILE?!?!?!"

Serenity now, serenity now.

It's just as valuable to say stupid things in public as it is to say smart things.  They both serve a valuable purpose,
and I only vaguely hope my own commentary balances marginally more towards the smart side.  But oh brother, sometimes
ya' just gotta take a long walk...

-chris