funsec mailing list archives

Re: McAfee really DOES write new Malware! Wholey Moley!

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:38:46 +0200

_That_ is not at all much like what you say, above, that this workshop
will be about, so who is right?

You?

Or the morons in marketing/PR who wrote the website copy?

More to the point, are you seriously suggesting that some IT
professional out there is thinking --

You know, this job sucks.  I know!  I'll go to a McAfee training
seminar and learn how to write me some malware!  Muahahahhahahah!

But first, let me grow out this mustache, for I must have something to twirl..

In all seriousness, I don't mind security professionals going to Black
Hat to learn how to use Metasploit; I certainly wouldn't mind McAfee
training on what actually is going on inside of malware.

--Dan