funsec mailing list archives

Re: "File server blew up over the weekend. Over 1000 SQL backup job failures in the inbox this morning. "

From: robert_mcmillan () idg com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:37:35 -0700

These look like they are all fake Twitter profiles that include some
realistic tweets (such as the SQL post you mention) and other features
designed to make them appear real. Ultimately they're designed to spam
people with messages such as this:

http://twitter.com/johnnyweisman/status/4632982743

It seems every single of the tweets has note that it has been posted
via API. If you look at tweets that follows the one you mentioned,
they are similar for different users. I guess this is a bot.

Well.. I found one tweet from aug 31, which came from tweetdeck (
http://tweetdeck.com/beta/) instead of API. This one: http://209.85.
129.132/search?q=cache:K7QG1eTN4IUJ:twitter.com/zewsk/status/
3664500948+File+server+blew+up+over+the+weekend.+Over+1000+SQL
+backup+job+failures+in+the+inbox+this+morning.
+site:twitter.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk
(querry: File server blew up over the weekend. Over 1000 SQL backup
job failures in the inbox this morning. tweetdeck site:twitter.com)

--
Fun and Misc security discussion for OT posts.