funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft predicts end of world in 2099!

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:37:00 +0000 (GMT)

Sounds good to me. 1980 was an excellent year, and I'd much rather be 32
than 151.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Todd Rosenberry wrote:

There's been some silliness on this thread and I wanted to verify some of the data so of course I turned to
Microsoft.  I brought up the calendar on my XP system and slowly advanced the year forward.  As it ticked to 2013 I
breathed a sigh of relief, but 45 minutes later my heart stopped when I saw that Microsoft was predicting the end of
the world in 2099!  Ok maybe not the end of the world ... apparently there is going to be some tear in the fabric of
space and time that leads us back to 1980, but that's almost as bad!

Todd