funsec mailing list archives

Re: simple question

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 00:51:22 -0800

All or None, depending on whether Angels are elemental or purely
spiritual. The properties of Angels is the matter that remains of
debate, not their relationship to a sophist question.

Modern Mathematics and Physics have many such questions.

Is the universe finite or infinite?

If finite, is it unbounded?

If infinite, is what is in it limited, and what is that limit?

Is the set of (insert numbers of interesting properties here) infinite,
or not, predictable as a series, or not, and how do we prove that?

Define Time?

Define MY time, relative to yours?

I am at the limit of your observable horizon, do I exist?

Did I exist before I asked you this question?

Which of my possible existences did you observe?

If you simply observed my effect on an object you can observe, but not
me, did you really observe me (or just my quantum sibling)?

Is Gravity commutative or noncommutative?

I don't think any of the above questions, to include the discussion
about, assuming Angels exist (which was as much of a given to a Thomist
as Gravity is now), how may can dance on a pin, are irrelevant.

They all are part of the same continuum, the search for Truth.

The only hope our physical space and time constrained ape-brains have of
even approximating that, is to adhere to rigorous method.

Hence we return you to my focus: the code. Code does not lie, it merely
does what it was told.

By my reading, the CRU code produces ever more excited random numbers.
Someone else please read it and prove me wrong.