funsec mailing list archives

MSN messenger spam?

From: Alex Lanstein <ALanstein () FireEye com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:35:20 -0800

I get a fair amount of MSN messenger spam as I'm sure most do.  Usually it's something like this:

(8:55:50 PM) aimeebiwileru () hotmail com: hey i'm Lynn, i thought you seemed interesting...add me as a friend if you
wanna chat ;] http://www.eHomePartner.net/?profile_ID=xoxLynxox

(8:02:52 PM) daniellezygeb () hotmail com:5 Blowout Clearance Sale on Rolex, Louis Vuitton, and Tiffany and Co!
http://lampcool.com

But the last couple days I'm getting this:

(12:21:33 PM) aimeebiwileru () hotmail com: n***** (where that is the "n bomb")

Conversation with beatrizsalafa () hotmail com on 12/7/2009 8:59:52 AM:)
(8:59:52 AM) beatrizsalafa () hotmail com: n*****

Anyone else seeing this?  What's the purpose of that exactly?