funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spin of the Week: Uganda Child Sacrificle and Witch Doctors

From: Robert Portvliet <robert.portvliet () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:33:27 -0500

They discovered significant oil reserves there early last year, maybe
instead of 'wmd' this time it's going to be witch doctors...   ;)

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com> wrote:
I was pretty weirded out by this whole thing. It felt like a throwback
to another era of old school yellow journalism a la 'Did you hear
those SAVAGES in AFRICA kill their OWN CHILDREN to appease their PAGAN
GODS?!?'

Super creepy. Then I remember a few months back, we were hearing about
that Ugandan law to kill the gays and jail anyone who had a problem
with that.

I ain't saying there's a relationship between the two events, but
there's certainly been a lot of strange talk about Uganda as of late.