funsec mailing list archives

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:48:04 -0800

"The Department of Homeland Security moved January 14 to increase random
checks for explosives at American airports after officials cited a heightened
concern over possible terror plots against the aviation system. Counterterrorism
officials said that recent intelligence tips had hinted at a planned attack by Qaeda
operatives, but that the threat information was vague and did not specify a
particular target or date."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/us/15secure.html

Oh, thanks, very useful.

(Living in Vancouver, we are all getting ready for the huge traffic mess to happen
shortly.  However, working in emergency services, I've also noticed some of the
security measures that are going into place, most without drawing much attention
...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Don't make predictions about computing that can be checked in
your lifetime.                            - Daniel Delbert McCracken
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade