funsec mailing list archives

Lululemon and Olympic trademarks

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:19:22 -0800

Catching up on old news, and I just came across this.

(Yes, it has to do with intellectual property, so there is a security tie-in  :-)

VANOC, the organizing committee for the Olympics in Vancouver (aka "those
arrogant &*%^#%s") have trademarked just about everything you could think of
that is even vaguely related to the games, including the words "games," the digit
sequence "2010," and a line from our national anthem:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2008/09/25/bc-vancouver-olympics-trademark-o-
canada.html

So a clothing company managed to find a cheeky way around all that:

http://links.cbc.ca/a/l.x?T=jncickggomepeahoadkiholoff&M=26

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
    Key escrow to rule them all; key escrow to find them.
    Key escrow to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the land of surveillance where Big Brother lies.
                                                     - Peter Gutmann
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade