funsec mailing list archives

Mozilla removes two malicious Firefox add-ons

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 21:19:38 +0200 (EET)

"Mozilla on Friday said that it had removed two Firefox add-ons from its Web site because they installed malware.

"Two add-ons in the experimental section of addons.mozilla.org were found to be containing malware," Mozilla said on
its security blog.
"These were not originally detected with the anti-malware scanning tools that we have been using. We have since
increased
the number of scanning tools, and will be taking additional steps to minimize the risk of further incidents.""

http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/vulnerabilities/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222700171

pointing to  http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2010/02/05/security-issues-with-two-experimental-add-ons/

Juha-Matti