funsec mailing list archives

Re: FlashGot Firefox plugin, now spyware

From: Reed Loden <reed () reedloden com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 02:52:55 -0600

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:43:32 +0200
Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

FlashGot Firefox plugin, a long-time download assistant, now acts like
spyware.

It gives you recommendations IN Google search to another search site,
according to your searches.

Just to confirm, you're referring to FlashGot, as in
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220 and
http://flashgot.net, correct?

There's also FlashGet (http://www.flashget.com), which is something
completely different. The two get confused a lot, so just
double-checking before I start poking some folks about your report.

Note that you're always welcome to notify our add-ons team directly
concerning such reports using the contact information at
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/docs/policies/contact, or
if you want to contact the Mozilla Security Group specifically, you can
e-mail security () mozilla org. We definitely want to do everything in our
power to ensure our users are kept secure and their privacy protected.

~reed
Mozilla Security Group

--
Reed Loden - <reed () reedloden com>