funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft's Charney Suggests 'Net Tax to Clean Computers

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 23:59:34 -0800

But wait, aren't we all already paying the "Microsoft Tax" on every
computer we buy from a major OEM, whether it has Windows or not?

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2007/05/windows-tax-is-50-according
-to-dell-linux-pc-pricing.ars

Methinks we've already paid, so perhaps we should get the benefit of the
tax we've been paying for some time, by Microsoft paying $50 per license
they receive from the OEMs to the gov for cybersecurity.