funsec mailing list archives

Re: Are you ready for the toilet of the future?

From: rick wesson <rick () support-intelligence com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:28:50 -0800

<true story>

ICANN/ISOC 2000 in Yokohama Japan... I head into the tolet leaving pilar
in the lobby to refresh myself. I started playing with all the buttons
and got into a situation where a warm, nearly hot stream of water zeroed
in on my ... I couldn't turn it off, which really made me laugh. For
many very uncomfortable moments I was howeling attempting many
combinations of buttons and positions to get away from the stream.

I finally figured it out, but pilar was really embarrased cuz I my
laughter rang all the way out into the lobby. I exited red faced and
nearly crying from my pricarious position.

I don't press the buttons on the john any more, and I'm a affirmed
luddite when it comes to #2.

-rick

Larry Seltzer wrote:
I saw something like this once in a hotel in New York near Columbus
Circle. Perhaps they cater to Japanese a lot.

I had the same reaction as the people in the article. I burst out
laughing, then I took a picture with my cell phone and sent it to my
wife.