funsec mailing list archives

Re: Why Penn CISO's Firing is Bad for All of Us

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:50:08 -0400

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:57:20AM +1300, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
That link seems to be dead, and the Wikipedia entry attributes his to
"Charles Handy, The Empty Raincoat, page 219", despite most of the web
apparently agreeing with your attribution to Yankelovich...

I managed to find a copy of Jay Harris's speech in the Wayback Machine:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20011217014049/http://poynter.org/centerpiece/harris.htm

And now I've stashed a text version just in case.  It's a fascinating speech,
one which rings as true now (nearly 10 years later) as it did in 2001.  And
it's one of those moments that sets the bar for all the rest of us -- it's
an example, I think, that we'd all do well to emulate.

Haven't had a chance yet to figure out which book he's referring for
the original quote (attributed to Yankelovich).

---Rsk